4.3.1 release

Joel Uckelman
I see a sleuthkit-4.3.1 tag on GitHub with commits that make it look like a 4.3.1 release, but no mention of an actual release anywhere. Is that going to be an official release at some point?

Joel Uckelman | Senior Developer

Stroz Friedberg, an Aon company
Capital House, 85 King William Street | London, EC4N 7BL

T: +44 20.7061.2239 | M: +44 79.6478.7296 | F: +44 20 7061 2201
[hidden email] | www.strozfriedberg.com

This message and/or its attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or protected by privilege from disclosure. If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or by telephone, then delete this message (and any attachments), as well as all copies, including any printed copies. Thank you.

Stroz Friedberg Limited is a company registered in England and Wales No: 4150500, Registered office: Capital House, 85 King William Street, London EC4N 7BL, VAT registration No: 783 1701 29.

Re: 4.3.1 release

Brian Carrier-2
Hey Joel,

We made the tag along with the Autopsy 4.2 release but never made the full release in the craziness before OSDFCon.  We're about to make an Autopsy 4.3 release along with a TSK 4.4.0 release.    Major difference between 4.4 and 4.3 is the change in Visual Studio compiler.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Joel Uckelman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jon Stewart
The issue here:
  https://github.com/sleuthkit/sleuthkit/issues/748
appears to be a regression in NTFS between 4.2 and 4.3. We'll add more detail to it, but the issue seems due to an early exit from a loop. We may even be able to share the image, if someone can contact me off-list. It would be great to get this fixed in 4.4.

This open PR fixes some memory leaks:
  https://github.com/sleuthkit/sleuthkit/pull/684

There's also this exFAT issue; we're trying to make up a tiny test evidence file to determine whether encoding exFAT uses is UTF-16 or UCS-2:
  https://github.com/sleuthkit/sleuthkit/pull/747

Jon

Hey Jon,

I'll make sure we get those in for the next release.  We're going to get into a 2-month release rhythm.

thanks,
brian

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Jon Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
The issue here:
  https://github.com/sleuthkit/sleuthkit/issues/748
appears to be a regression in NTFS between 4.2 and 4.3. We'll add more detail to it, but the issue seems due to an early exit from a loop. We may even be able to share the image, if someone can contact me off-list. It would be great to get this fixed in 4.4.

This open PR fixes some memory leaks:
  https://github.com/sleuthkit/sleuthkit/pull/684

There's also this exFAT issue; we're trying to make up a tiny test evidence file to determine whether encoding exFAT uses is UTF-16 or UCS-2:
  https://github.com/sleuthkit/sleuthkit/pull/747

Jon

That's excellent news. In particular, the NTFS issue looks like it may be ungood. We're continuing to investigate it.

Jon