Accessing My HDrives

Barrie G
You posted an answer to my question regarding accessing my hard drives
which were originally formatted using win 7, I'm now at t6he moment
using win 10 and this is when the problem started previously when
using win 7 I could access both storage HD in ubuntu, now I cant. I
have managed to follow some of your hints BUT I am 74 and just started
using Ubuntu so would you be kind enough to take me through it slowly.

I do not like win 10 at all, Win 8 is a dead loss, could put win 7
back on but would rather not. if I can access my two storage HD's then
I shall stay with Ubuntu.

Thanks.

Barrie

--
** Please do not change the subject line of this email if you wish to
respond. **

*The only source of knowledge is experience.   *-     Albert Einstein

Re: Accessing My HDrives

Michael Shell
On Mon, 5 Jan 2015 11:37:21 +0000
Barrie G <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You posted an answer to my question regarding accessing my hard drives
> which were originally formatted using win 7,

I think you were posting to a different mailing list. This one is for
NTFS driver development issues.

Who was the person you were talking with? And when?

Anyway, if the only issue that is keeping you from using Linux is
accessing those drives, and they are intended to store data and backups
from that Linux system only, then the best approach in the long term
is to use a Linux filesystem on them. You will have to copy the data off
them before you reformat though.

If you used Windows 7 to format those drives, then they are probably
using NTFS, but it would not matter if you later installed Windows 10 -
Linux should be able to access the same NTFS volume just the same.

How are you trying to access them?

  Cheers,

  Mike Shell