Autopsy portable case

Nanni Bassetti
Hi all,
I saw that if I create a case then I want to give it or to move it to another computer, I have to change manually the file .aut, changing the database path, and then Autopsy runs the case but it ask the new path of the image file.
Is it possible to have the same GUI for the .aut file instead of using the notepad editor?
Thanks

--
Dott. Nanni Bassetti
CAINE project manager - http://www.caine-live.net

Re: Autopsy portable case

Brian Carrier-2
Hi Nanni,

The original intention was that the case could be moved around. It’s a bug that you can’t. We’ll fix that.

Quick background: Autopsy used to find the database in the case folder no matter where it was moved to, but we now provide more details in the case file because the DB can be in a remote PostgreSQL system.  It’s a bug that we are specifying the full path instead of the relative path.

> On Jan 7, 2017, at 3:51 AM, Nanni Bassetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I saw that if I create a case then I want to give it or to move it to another computer, I have to change manually the file .aut, changing the database path, and then Autopsy runs the case but it ask the new path of the image file.
> Is it possible to have the same GUI for the .aut file instead of using the notepad editor?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Dott. Nanni Bassetti
> http://www.nannibassetti.com