Python Ingest Module - Blackboard artifacts

Python Ingest Module - Blackboard artifacts

Roberto Amelio
Hi,

I am developing an ingest module in python and I didn't get whether it's possible to create my own artifact type. To be more specific, how can I collect all my results under the same label in the tree on the left-hand side?

Regards,
Roberto

Re: Python Ingest Module - Blackboard artifacts

Rajmund

Hi Roberto,

For Autopsy 3 I did some testing which Artifact to use as I faced the same issue. Under the link you can find how the different Artifacts show up in Autopsy and what fields you can use.

http://www.4ensics.co.uk/2014/05/autopsy-3-artifacts-attributes-quick-overview/

Regards

Rajmund

I am developing an ingest module in python and I didn't get whether it's possible to create my own artifact type. To be more specific, how can I collect all my results under the same label in the tree on the left-hand side?

Regards,

Roberto

Re: Python Ingest Module - Blackboard artifacts

Brian Carrier-2
Hi Roberto,

The existing releases out there have a bug in which if you create a custom artifact, it is not shown in the tree.  We have that fixed, but have not gotten the release out because other things keep coming up.  I’m hoping to get it out next week though and then any custom artifact will be shown in the tree.

thanks,
brian