TSK 4.3.0 Release

Brian Carrier-2
We’ve finally gotten a new Sleuth Kit release out.   The new release, version 4.3.0, has features from the Autopsy release last year (like PostgreSQL support) that never got out and this release marks the start of a new effort to have a TSK release for every Autopsy release (which should be out later today) and we are shooting for releases every 2 months because this current span has been way too long.

4.3.0 adds:
        • PostgreSQL support (Windows only)
        • Support for virtual machine formats via libvmdk and libvhdi (Windows only)
        • Schema updates (data sources table, mime type, attributes store type)
        • tsk_img_open can take externally created TSK_IMG_INFO
        • New Release_ NoLibs Visual Studio target
        • Various bug fixes

I’m doing a test too and the downloads are now coming off of github instead of source forge.  Let me know if you have any problems.

    http://sleuthkit.org/sleuthkit/download.php

Thanks to the public contributions and the Basis developers for this work.

thanks,
brian

Re: [sleuthkit-users] TSK 4.3.0 Release

Brian Carrier-2
All that should be required is some autoconf/automake magic to get libvmdk and libvhdi working with TSK on Linux / OS X. We just haven’t had the cycles.  I’ll be honest that it is my intent to get PostgreSQL, virtual machine formats, etc. in to the auto* build process when start on these efforts, but other things come up and we’ve been slow enough with getting releases out that I don’t want to hold them up even more.

So, if someone can update configure.ac, etc. to look for the libraries and test them, we’d love a pull request!