extra cluster in $Bitmap

crayton.jenks
I have been getting this error when trying to use ntfsclone.  Here is the listing of the run:

ntfsclone -m --ignore-fs-check -o inconsistent.ntfs /dev/sda7
ntfsclone v2.0.0 (libntfs 10:0:0)
NTFS volume version: 3.1
Cluster size       : 4096 bytes
Current volume size: 42944184320 bytes (42945 MB)
Current device size: 42944186368 bytes (42945 MB)
Scanning volume ...
100.00 percent completed
Accounting clusters ...
Cluster accounting failed at 5242210 (0x4ffd62): extra cluster in $Bitmap
Totally 1 cluster accounting mismatches.
WA RNING: The NTFS inconsistency was overruled by the --ignore-fs-check option.
Space in use       : 22368 MB (52.1%)
NTFS volume version: 3.1
Cluster size       : 4096 bytes
Current volume size: 42944184320 bytes (42945 MB)
Scanning volume ...
100.00 percent comple ted
Num of MFT records       =      71216
Num of used MFT records  =      60359
Wiped unused MFT data    =     825302
Wiped deleted MFT data   =    2022183
Wiped resident user data =     979659
Wiped timestamp data     =    6818856
Wiped totally            =   10646000
Syncing ...

No amount of chkdsk and rebooting eliminates the error.

Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks

Re: extra cluster in $Bitmap

LeavingEntropia
This might be very very late but it would be useful to people searching for this problem in the future. It was driving me mad until I worked out how to fix it. I just expanded my partition by a gig and did and ntfsresize. I suppose any ntfsresize would do as it resets the bitmap.

That solved the problem.

Cheers,
Sean

crayton.jenks wrote