mkntfs exception...!

Prakash Narayana Maiya
Dear mkntfs experts,

I have trying to add mkntfs utilities into by STB box, but am getting an exception while running due to this kernel panic happened and box getting reboot...!

Kindly could you help me out to figure this one out, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Here with attached log

Prakash Narayana Maiya

mkntfs_exception.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: mkntfs exception...!

Anton Altaparmakov-2
Hi,

Apologies for delay (I was on holiday).

>From the log you can see the system ran out of RAM.  Perhaps you have very small amount of RAM?  I am afraid the open source mkntfs uses a lot of RAM on large volumes.

You can either try mkntfs from ntfs-3g package which might have improvements in this area (I am not quite sure):

        http://www.tuxera.com/community/open-source-ntfs-3g/

The alternative is to use the commercial ntfs utilities that Tuxera can supply which are optimized for embedded use and thus do not require large amounts of RAM...

Best regards,

        Anton

--
Anton Altaparmakov <anton at tuxera.com> (replace at with @)
Lead in File System Development, Tuxera Inc., http://www.tuxera.com/

Re: mkntfs exception...!

Prakash Narayana Maiya
Dear Anton,

Thank you so much for your kind reply, as you said yes it is true that we have less amount of RAM (256MB)!!, but any way as you suggested let me try with the above link i'll share the result with you soon, once again thank you :)

Regards,
Maiya