ntfs clone help

Joshua Murray
I had a hard drive crash and I want to try to recover some pictures and documents if possible. Windows Vista was running on the machine. I have a linux partition recovery cd that I am able to boot from. I want to use ntfsclone -rescue to salvage whatever I can. I would be using an external HD to copy to. Assuming I can mount the drive how would I enter the command(s)? ntfsclone --rescue """"""" After copying to a folder on the external would I then be able to copy to the new hd running Vista?

Thanks for your help next time I will backup beforehand.